Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ender's Game: The Movie

This is really happening, folks!

News that Orson Scott Card's beloved sci-fi classic Ender's Game is coming--finally--to the big screen is not really news at all. It's been in the works for years. But they're signing cast members right and left, so I think it's safe to say we can start getting excited. I know I am. Ender has been at the top of my books-that-must-be-made-into-films list for years. Years. Guys. I'm kind of freaking out about this. If you're an Ender fan, then you are too. Or you should be, anyway, because here is your cast list so far:



Asa Butterfield
as
ENDER WIGGIN
(He's great. He's really, really great. I remember seeing him guest star on a few episodes of Merlin (great show, love me some BBC) and I was like, Whoa, this kid is good. He needs some big screen time. Hey, presto. There you are. So excited. Great choice. 

Hailee Steinfeld
as
PETRA ARKANIAN
(I LOVE this girl. She ROCKED True Grit. I want to write a book just so it can be made a movie just so she can star in it. Plus, she was homeschooled--WORD! Anyway. Moving on.)

Brendan Meyer Headshot - P 2011
Brendan Meyer
as
STILSON

ALSO: we have a release date. So go ahead and start counting down, my fellow Dragon Army soldiers, because Ender's Game is scheduled to hit theaters March 15, 2013.

So. Only a little over a year to go. I know, it's gonna be a long, hard wait. But it's happening at last! 

Gah.

I'm so freakin' excited. I think I'm gonna go re-read the book, now. 

Again.

7 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to it. The biggest problem with putting Ender onscreen is the age of the characters. Ender is only 6 when he goes to Battle School, and not a whole lot older when he graduates. Finding a child actor with the chops to pull it off would be difficult. Then you'd have to find all kinds of other brilliant just-post-toddler kids to fill the other roles. Impossible. With the casting choices we've seen, it looks like they've opted to age the characters a bit. That's not a big problem for me, as long as they don't use it as an excuse to play the "mush" card. Petra is Ender's friend, not his love interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I'm a fan of Ender's Game and Orson Scott Card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because I watched True Grit the other day and I was like, Jessica Khoury could have played that part well. Lol. I think Hailee Steinfeld reminds me of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL. That might be the best compliment I've ever received. :D (wait... you're not just saying that cuz we were both homeschooled? ;)

      Delete
  4. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
    Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete