Thursday, October 27, 2011

Best Announcement. Of my life.

So here it is:

My book is going to be published!




Oh, you guys, you don't know how long I've been wanting to say this! If you want to get right down to it, I've been waiting for 17 years, ever since I started writing fan-fiction in preschool--when I first dreamed of becoming a real, honest-to-goodness, it-has-an-ISBN, published author.

Anyway, I can only say this: Two weeks ago, I accepted a two-book offer from a really, REALLY great publishing house in NY.

Unfortunately, I can't say who that publisher is, or what the title of the book is (for those of you who think you know, it has changed). I will definitely be back with more details in the next month or two, so please stay tuned!

It's been the most surreal, indescribably wonderful two weeks of my life! All I can do now is give thanks to God for giving me this phenomenal opportunity, for a network of supportive friends and family, and for a truly outstanding agent (I'm still not convinced she's not superhuman; seriously, you guys, she moves at a speed that leaves light standing still).

Fun Fact: When I got the news, I was in the middle of an eye exam. I heard my phone ring, saw it was my agent, and asked in a tiny, apologetic voice if my optometrist would terribly mind if I picked up. He was exceedingly gracious and sat by whilst I shrieked, then hyperventilated, then got all teary-eyed (that last bit was partially due to the fact he'd just been shining what must have been million-watt bulbs on my corneas, you should know). Needless to say, it was the best eye exam I've ever had, and that includes the one in sixth grade when I finally got to trade in my specky-specs for contact lenses.

Y'all stay tuned, now! Soon as I get the green light, I'll pepper you with proper nouns!

This about sums up how I feel:

18 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!

    I AM SO EXCITED! Not near as excited as you, I'm sure XD but EEK! I'm going to buy your book(s) for EVERYONE I KNOW.

    Also, I can't wait to hear the new title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! What a GREAT DAY!!! *throws sparkles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! I remember reading the query for your book over on AQConnect and it sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see it on shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that's amazing! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! AGHHHH! Great great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Huge congrats! Enjoy the moment! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! That's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock, girl. We knew from the first moment that query letter hit it would be big!

    Congrats on such a wonderful job.

    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great News! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo! I love it when writers get book deals! That's awesome news. Good for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo! Congratulations! Very, very exciting news! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Were you able to sit still for the rest of the exam after getting that news?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is wonderful news!!!! WOOOOHOOOO! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE hearing this kind of story! It inspires me to keep going forward and, as Winston Churchill once said, NEVER QUIT!

    Thanks so very much for sharing and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
    Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.

    ReplyDelete