Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Character Bloghop!



Hey! Here's my cast list for my YA sci-fi novel (title under construction at the moment--but if you know me from AQCon or QueryTracker, it used to be Perfectly Pia!)

Pia is immortal, thanks to years of genetic engineering and the influence of a rare flower. She has lived her entire life inside a research compound (called Little Cam) hidden in the Amazon rainforest...until the day she turns 17, and discovers a way out.

 Eio is the boy Pia meets in the jungle. He's half Ai'oan Indian, half Spanish, and lives with his tribe in a village near Little Cam. Strong, fierce, and loyal, Eio soon comes to love Pia--and will do whatever it takes to prove it to her.

 Dr. Harriet Fields is a brilliant English zoologist and new arrival to Little Cam. She and Pia don't see eye to eye at first, but as they come to know each other, Harriet soon becomes Pia's closest friend and ally. Harriet is highly opinionated and sarcastic, but deeply sensitive as well.

Uncle Antonio, like Pia, was born and raised in the care of the scientists of Little Cam. He is Pia's tutor and friend, and soon catches the eye of Harriet Fields. Uncle Antonio is kind and honest, but he has secrets of his own.

Ami is Eio's little adopted sister, and soon finds a special place in Pia's heart. With boundless energy and vivacity, Ami opens Pia's eyes to the wonders--and dangers--of the Amazon jungle.

Dr. Paolo Alvez is the director of Little Cam, and oversees the genetic program of which Pia is a part. Paolo's goal is to create a race of immortal human beings, and will do whatever is necessary to accomplish this--no matter the lives he has to destroy.


This has been so much fun! Took me HOURS to find the perfect pictures for each of my characters. These ones come really close to my mental images, but, well, y'all know how it is... no picture could ever truly capture what's in our crazy heads! :) Anyway, thanks to Carrie, Melodie, and Lisa  for hosting this bloghop! (If you're interested in signing up before the week is out, hop over to Carrie's blog!)


Want to see more characters? Check out these fantabulous blogs!


18 comments:

  1. Great pics and awesome character descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are great! I'm not surprised it took you hours tho - but weren't they kinda fun hours? Amazing how we have this very specific image in our head of our characters, isn't it? But I think yours look perfect.
    And I've always been a fan of your story. I can't wait to read it when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your pictures. And Antonio's eyes!! I read your synopsis and it sounds like a great story! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures! Ditto momslifeponders, Antonio's eyes are amazing. Heading over to read the synopsis now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I love your cast, and you formatted everything so well. Hours, huh? I believe it! It really, really paid off. Well done!

    Thank you for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read your book, Jessica. =] And I love the pictures! I would like an Eio of my own, please. WHAT A CUTIE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me far too excited to read your novel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures you've chosen. Everything looks and sounds great! Good luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing story. And I so love Pia. Hurray for YA Sci-Fi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hrm...interesting pics. And intriguing story. Gonna have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some damn fine looking folks in your cast! And your character descriptions were awesome. I just did the pics, myself, but I had a great time doing it. Anyway, just found you through the bloghop and am a new follower. Come on by my place sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures and character descriptions! Your book sounds like it'll be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pictures you've chosen - especially the first with the glowing blue eyes . . . very cool! I spent a few hours on this too, and after my post, I kept looking . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post and a fascinating premise. Love the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Casting Call, love the synopsis.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow,I was looking at this blog post and once I saw Hrithik Roshan as Uncle Antonio I WAS AMAZED. I'm a big fan of your book Origin and want to start Vitro as soon as I can. By the way Hrithik Roshan is a Bollywood star and I thought Deepika Padukone could be Luri. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
    Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.

    ReplyDelete

  18. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete